Saturday, October 16, 2010

I never really evaluated my influence of 9/11. I was young and naive in September 2001. However, The mention of it haunts to this day. It appears everywhere, predominantly in my writing. I associate it with a unsatiable loss, not just for Americans but for humanity in general. The thought of people forgetting about it terrifies me.

Here is a man who dared to leave his living room on that day. While people were running over the Verrazano, Joe Picurro drove to face the evil lower Manhattan and not be paralyzed by fear. For this he is a hero.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/16/2010-10-16_911_iron_man_dies_brave_ground_zero_volunteer_felled_by_illness_from_the_pit.html

I believe that true instances of humanity are shown in the darkest of times. This man is just about a martyr for what her did and his life is lost. So quite frankly, I am growing very very annoyed with the media. And as of late, I am sick of hearing about Bill O Riley and some dumb comments he made on The View. I am sick of hearing about political bullshit. Everyone has their own agenda.

Why isn't more attention drawn to people like this? That's what America should be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment