Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/11

Around this time of year, I rethink everything I know about God and airplanes. I think pensively of the evils of the world and what it means to be human. I think of society and where I stand among billions and billions of other people in this world. In September of 2001, I was 13 and stupid. I did not care about humanity. 13 year old girls can't really comprehend concepts above their own petty bullshit. I do not care about how smart you think your child is... teenagers are comprised predominantly of two things: a vanity mirror and ignorance. This phrase holds true for 98.5 percent of adolescents. I was among the ignorance of this world on that Tuesday in September. I went to Catholic school and was instilled with the pressing fear of irrelevant things such as not being popular and homosexuality. I was so involved within myself that I did not realize how many people did not come home from work that day. I did not realize that hatred went far beyond my feelings for the varsity cheer leading squad. Worst of all, I can't say I really cared about all this. I just didn't care at all.

God works in strange ways.... But how do you tell someone who has lost a father that? How does a generation forget so quickly about tragedy? How do you tell a child about the evils that exist in this world? These are questions I will ask myself as I will conform to the news tomorrow. To be honest; I spend most of 9/11 crying my eyes out and being kind to every living thing I come in contact with. People have forgotten basic things such as that. We all get so wound up in petty ideals. Whether you are liberal or conservative is irrelevant to being an American and Whether you are an American is irrelevant to being a human being. Why are we dividing ourselves deeper? Let's just exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment